It's estimated that 12.8 million pumpkins will be wasted in the UK this halloween 🎃
If your carving a pumpkin this year, don't let your pumpkin go to waste.
Making pumpkin soup is a brilliant and delicious way to use the whole pumpkin on Halloween and is the perfect comfort food to make you feel all warm and fuzzy on a cold days.
As the months are getting colder, and the leaves are beginning to change from green to burnt orange, its time for cosy evenings and comfort food.
Vegan Pumpkin Soup
1 Tbsp Oil for cooking
1 Diced Onion chopped
2 Cloves Garlic – crushed
1 Can of Coconut milk
½ pint of Vegetable Stock/Broth
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
½ tsp Paprika
½ tsp Tumeric
*You can use a mixture of sweet potato and butternut squash if you don’t have enough pumpkin.
1. Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil in a large pot and cook for a few minutes.
2. Add the cayenne pepper, paprika and turmeric and cook until the onions are softened.
3. Add in the coconut milk and vegetable stock.
4. Cut the pumpkin into cutting into small chunks if needed, add to the pot and bring to the boil.
4. Turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is completely soft.
5. Use a blender to blend it smooth.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Let us know in the comments if you make this soup, or tag us on our social media’s!