Here at Plastics Free we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested.
You may have heard of GDPR, which is the new General Data Protection Regulation that come into effect 25th May 2018. The new regulations are great news for everyone, no more annoying newsletters you never signed up to or big companies buying and selling your personal data.
It’s important to us that you fully understand the information we hold about you and the reasons we hold it.
What information do we collect?
Most of the data we need is given to us directly by you:
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your order history
- Your social media name if you chose to contact us via this platform
Some of the information is provided to us though technologies, such as cookies. When you visit Plastics Free we use a service to collect standard internet log information such as visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors looking at each product and how you found our website.
- Cookie information from your PC
- Information regarding how you got to our website if you came through a 3rd party
- Internet log information
How will it be used?
We only collect personal data from you that we need in order to provide you with the products and services you require. We may use your information to
- Process your order and send it to you
- Update you on your order, for example shipping confirmation.
- Send you our newsletter to tell you about stuff you might be interested in, offer advice on going plastic free, or ask for feedback which help improve our service to you. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us on email@example.com
- To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information or to check our records are correct.
We don't rent or trade email lists with any other organisation or business.
Who will it be shared with?
- If your order is to be delivered to you, we will share your name and address details with our courier company.
- Your card details are not known or stored by us, these are all held and processed by third party providers: Stripe & PayPal
- In order to deliver our newsletter we might use a third-party provider such as MailChimp to email these. We will gather information about email open rates and clicks to help us monitor if people like our newsletter. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your details will be shared with the relevant authorities in any cases of fraud or theft.