Organic Cotton Tampon (with Applicator)
Just as we’re all unique, so are our periods! Our organic applicator tampons are available in Regular and Super absorbencies, ensuring you have the correct product for your level of flow.
Tampons are a great product to choose if you would still like to exercise or go swimming during your period. Applicator tampons are just like ordinary tampons but with the added benefit of a cardboard applicator; this helps to ensure your tampon is inserted properly and securely. An applicator can also be useful if it’s your first time using tampons.
However, applicator tampons can sometimes be uncomfortable for people with a uterus that tilts backwards – if this is the case for you, check out our non-applicator tampons, period cups or pads.
Why we love these
- Crafted with 100% organic cotton, with 100% organic woven cord, not glued.
- Biodegradable cardboard applicator, preventing up to 290* pieces of plastic from entering our environment each year
- Wrapped in recyclable paper
- Sustainably-sourced, natural, plant based materials, which are highly effective at locking away menstrual blood.
- Zero synthetic or unnecessary materials, ensuring your skin is able to breathe and stay dry.
Directions for use
- Wash your hands before you unwrap your tampon but keep the applicator in place.
- Try different positions, either sitting or standing, to ensure you can reach your vagina comfortably.
- Place the top of the applicator at the opening of your vagina and aim it towards your lower back (your vagina sits at a slight angle not straight up!).
- Gently push the applicator tip in and then use your other hand to push the plunger all the way into the applicator – this will release the tampon inside of you.
- Now remove the applicator and there should just be the tampon string left hanging out.
- Wash your hands again and pop your paper wrapping in the recycling!
- You shouldn’t be able to feel your tampon, so if it is uncomfortable then you may need to push the tampon in further and readjust.
- GOTS certified organic cotton which uses 71% less water, 62% less energy and produces 46% less CO2e than traditional cotton.